Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Blustery


One good word to describe typical January weather in the midwest is blustery [bluhs-ter-ee], an adjective meaning "roaring or tumultuous, like the wind" or "loud, noisy, swaggering", according to Dictionary.com.  The word always makes me think of the movie "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day" (which is based on several of A. A. Milne's stories of the honey-loving bear).

Here are a few examples I wrote, using the word:

Grace curled up in a blanket, watching the storm
rage outside her window.  The blustery wind rattled
the glass in its frame as snow swirled furiously in the air.

The toddler raced through the room like a blustery wind,
knocking down everything in his path.

I try to keep my interactions with him to a minimum;
his blustery personality wears me out.

What ways can you think of to use the word blustery?

No comments:

Post a Comment