Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Eagle

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

The Eagle

He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ring'd with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

~ Alfred Tennyson

I love the picture of the eagle that Tennyson paints with his words!  I've been lucky enough to see some of these majestic creatures in real life -- they are amazing to watch.  This poem captures the spirit of an eagle in just six lines.

By the way, I apologize for not posting anything new for several weeks.  Life has been busy, busy, busy and I could barely keep up, even after neglecting this blog.  Hopefully I will be able to make time for new posts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment