Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

What I Love (and Hate) About Summer

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

What I Love about Summer

Morning glories
Campfire stories
Picking cherries
And blueberries
Riding bikes
Mountain hikes
Bird calls
Curve balls
Short sleeves
Green leaves
Swimming holes
Fishing poles
Nature walks
Corn stalks
Skipping stones
Ice cream cones
Double plays
And barefoot days.

from Summersaults by Douglas Florian, 2002

and then...


Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

What I Hate About Summer

Skinned knees
Ninety degrees
Long droughts
Blackouts
Dog days
Summer haze
Bee swarms
Thunderstorms
Humid nights
Mosquito bites
Clothes that stick --
I hate that summer goes so quick.

from Summersaults by Douglas Florian, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment