Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Science Fair Project

Photo courtesy of
Public-Domain-Image.com

Science Fair Project

PURPOSE:
The purpose of my project this year
Is to make my brother disappear.


HYPOTHESIS:
The world would be a better place
If my brother vanished without a trace.


MATERIALS:
3 erasers
White-out
Disappearing ink
1 younger brother
1 kitchen sink


PROCEDURE:
Chop up the erasers.
Add the white-out and the ink.
Rub it on the brother
While he's standing in the sink.


RESULTS:
The kid was disappearing!
I had almost proved my theorem!
When all at once my mom came home
And made me re-appear him.


CONCLUSION:
Experiment a failure.
My brother is still here.
But I'm already planning
For the science fair next year.


~ Carol Diggory Shields,
Almost Late to School and More School Poems

1 comment: