Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Cats take naps...

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Cats take naps
from dawn to dawn.
They nap on anything they're on,
a pillow
antique chair
or lawn.
And when their need to nap is gone,
they stretch
and yawn
and look around for something else
it might be nice
to nap upon.

~ Karla Kuskin

I am a cat person.  Unfortunately, however, I am cat-less. My husband is extremely allergic to animals with fur, especially cats, so we can't have one in our home.  When I was growing up, though, we had a kitty (Hobbit) who looked like the one sleeping in the photo above.  Just like Kuskin says in her poem, he would nap all day long, moving from one comfy (or not-so-comfy) spot to another.  I love how she describes that behavior and uses rhymes to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment