Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

First Snow

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

First Snow

Snow makes whiteness where it falls.
The bushes look like popcorn-balls.
The places where I always play
Look like somewhere else today.

~ Marie Louise Allen

First of all, I'd like to apologize for not posting anything the last few days.  I try to post something new here every day, but my schedule has been so chaotic lately that I didn't have a chance to sit down, even for a few minutes, to find good material for posting.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep up the rest of the month now!

Secondly... can you tell I am anxious for it to snow?  I'm sharing this poem about the first snow and hoping that nature will take the hint. :)  It was in the 60's here yesterday, crazy weather for December in the midwest. Now that we have our tree and other Christmas decorations up, I am ready to see a world of white outside....  How about you?  Are you hoping for snow or do you prefer a green December?

No comments:

Post a Comment