Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pumpkin Picking

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Pumpkin Picking

Let's go picking in the pumpkin patch.
Now we're jiggling the old gate latch.
Gate swings wide and we step inside.
Pumpkins spread like an ocean tide.
You take the one like a fat balloon.
I'll take the one like an orange moon.
Hike to the house in fifty paces.
Then we'll carve out the pumpkin faces.

~ Sandra Olson Liatsos

One of my favorite things to do in October is to pick out my pumpkin (either from a pumpkin patch, like Liatsos writes about in her poem, or from the store), figure out what kind of face it needs, and then carve it!  It's messy and slimy, but I love it anyway. :)  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment