Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Goodbye, Six -- Hello, Seven

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Goodbye Six -- Hello, Seven 

I'm getting a higher bunk bed. 
And I'm getting a bigger bike. 
And I'm getting to cross Connecticut Avenue 
   all by myself, if I like. 
And I'm getting to help do dishes. 
And I'm getting to weed the yard. 
And I'm getting to think that seven could be hard. 

~ Judith Viorst

My Benjamin is seven years old today.  I can't believe it.  He's getting so big and learning so many new things and, like this poem says, we've been giving him more responsibilities, too.  Growing up can be hard -- but it's also exciting, starting a new phase of life.  Ben has been beyond excited all week, waiting for this day to get here.  Happy birthday, Ben!  Hope you will love being seven! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment