Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Saturday, September 5, 2015

I shall not live in vain.

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Part 1: Life
VI

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain, 
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

~ Emily Dickinson

My mom owned a book of Emily Dickinson's poems when I was growing up. I loved reading through it! This particular poem was one of my favorites, and one of many that I memorized. I remember it inspiring me back then to be kind and help others. It still has that affect on me!

What do you feel when you read this poem?

No comments:

Post a Comment