Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Birthday Child

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

The Birthday Child

Everything's been different
   All the day long,
Lovely things have happened,
   Nothing has gone wrong.

Nobody has scolded me,
   Everyone has smiled.
Isn't it delicious
   To be a birthday child?

~ Rose Fyleman

Today is my youngest son Ben's tenth birthday. Wow. I can't believe a whole decade has gone by since he was born! Where did the time go?

Birthdays were always so exciting when I was growing up.  I remember waking up early on my birthday each year, ready to jump out of bed and start my special day! I love Ms. Fyleman's last line: "Isn't it delicious to be a birthday child?"

My dear Benjamin, I hope you have a delicious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment