Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Query


The word query [kweer-ee], used as a noun, has two main definitions.  It can mean "a question" or -- in the world of writing -- it can indicate "an inquiry from a writer to a publisher or agent, regarding the interest in an idea for a story, article, book, etc."  Query can also be used as a verb meaning "to ask about".

Did my query about your background
make you uncomfortable?

I am excited and nervous at the same time. 
I sent my first query to an agent today;
I hope she will request a copy of my manuscript!

Did the teacher query why the student
brought that humongous bag to class?


What ways can you think of to use the word query in a sentence?

No comments:

Post a Comment