Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chockablock


The word chockablock [chok-uh-blok] is an adjective meaning "crowded or extremely full".  (It can also be used as an adverb meaning "in a crowded manner".)  I like saying chockablock over and over again -- the sound reminds me of someone playing a drum or other percussion instrument. Here are some examples of the word in a sentence:

The boys' bedroom floor is an obstacle course, 
chockablock with toys and treasures they've brought home.

All of our shelves are crammed chockablock with books.

Every time I close my eyes and try to rest, 
my brain -- chockablock with ideas -- won't let me.

What images come to your mind when you think about the word chockablock?

No comments:

Post a Comment