Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Chocolates

Photo courtesy of Wallpaperfreeks

Valentine Chocolates

Ordinary candy,
Perhaps -- but
Boxed in a ruby
Heart, it grows
Exotic, mysterious;
Not to mention
The red cellophane
Wrapper, which
Looked through,
Shows a marvelous
Scarlet world.

~ Valerie Worth

I don't know about you, but I love those chocolate candies that come in heart shaped boxes. :)  My parents used to give small boxes of them to my sister and me every Valentine's Day, and I remember doing just what Worth talks about in her poem -- looking through the cellophane wrapper at a scarlet world.

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment