Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Autumn

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Autumn

Now the summer is grown old
the light long summer
                                     is grown old.
Leaves change
and the garden is gold
with marigolds and zinnias
tangled and bold
blazing blazing
orange and gold.
                               The light long summer
                                is grown old.

~ Charlotte Zolotow

I don't know about you, but I can't believe that fall is already here.  This year has been flying past!  I'm a couple of days late, but -- goodbye, summer and hello, autumn!

Someone asked the other day what my favorite season is.  I don't really have a favorite.  I like them all! While I will miss some things about summer (sunshine, warm weather, chilling out in the pool, lazy days with nowhere to go), I am looking forward to all the joys that autumn brings.  I love the colors of fall, the crisp days, picking apples, decorating for Halloween, and so much more.  Wishing all of my readers out there an amazing autumn! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment