Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

From the ether...

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net
"As soon as I could write, 
I wrote poetry, 
and I guess I must have 
got stuck then 
because I'm still doing it.  
Why?  Because it is so satisfying.  
A thought springs 
to one's mind from the ether, 
then turns to words that fall 
into lines and shapes and sounds, 
get rearranged, form a picture, 
shout a feeling, weep, laugh. [...] 
And all in time to see 
the whole thing come to fruition, 
hold the finished work in one's hand, 
sometimes without even missing dinner."

~ Felice Hoffman, 
in The Place My Words are Looking For

I really like how Hoffman describes writing poetry here and I agree -- it is so satisfying! I really need to do more of it. What do you think about what she said?

No comments:

Post a Comment