Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Friday, June 17, 2011

A few notes about this blog...

Before I write anything else on this blog, I want to make a few things clear. This blog, and the things I write, are for everyone. Yes, I said "everyone". Now, I certainly understand that not EVERYONE will be interested in a blog like this. That's okay. But I want to make sure that anyone who stops by to read Blue Sky, Big Dreams feels welcome.


Whatever your
  • age
  • gender
  • skin color
  • sexual orientation
  • family background
  • nationality
  • beliefs
  • shoe size
  • (fill in the blank with whatever kind of distinction you want to make ~ my son Nick, the animal lover, says "species")
you are welcome here.

Also... I am hoping that this will become an interactive blog. Not only do I hope you will read the things I post, I hope you will write comments about them, and we can have a conversation back and forth, all of us together.


At the same time, I want to make this blog a safe place to visit. My settings allow for anonymous comments because I know that many kids and their parents wish to preserve their privacy.


In addition, whenever you make a comment on one of my posts, it won't appear on the site until I have approved it first. You are welcome to disagree with me when I post something. I am not screening comments so that I can weed out any that don't shed a positive light on me and my writing. But, because this site is for kids:
  • I will not approve comments with PG-13 (or above) language in them.
  • And I will not approve comments that are not respectful of others. There will be NO bullying on this site.
We can all hold different views about various subjects and still accept each other as people of worth. Please treat others the way that you would like to be treated, and I promise to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment