Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Reverberate

Every once in awhile, I'll write a post about a word. Maybe because I think it's interesting. Maybe because it's fun to say. Maybe because I just learned the word and want to share it. You get the idea.


Today's word is reverberate. It is a verb, an action word, that means "to echo back".


If I shout into a cave, the sound will reverberate.


This is one of those words that is fun to say. It's been in my head, reverberating back and forth, ever since I used it in my novel to talk about the sound in a castle courtyard.


Can you make up a sentence using this word? Please share it with me, if you'd like!

2 comments:

  1. I do not chose to go into a cave
    And like a bear, to hibernate
    But I choose instead
    To say whatever is in my head
    And let my words reverberate!
    Thena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Thena! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete