Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summertime!

Photo courtesy of

It's official.  Summer is here!  Today is the summer solstice: the first day of summer and also the longest day of the year.  True, it's not really longer than any other day... still 24 hours from beginning to end... but we will have more daylight today than on any other day this year.  In honor of summertime, sunshine, and hot, lazy days... a silly poem:

Summer

When it's hot
I take my shoes off,
I take my shirt off,
I take my pants off,
I take my underwear off,
I take my whole body off,
and throw it
in the river.

by Frank Asch,
from The Random House 
Book of Poetry for Children, 1983

No comments:

Post a Comment