Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Palindrome


A palindrome is a word, phrase, sentence, etc. that reads the same backwards and forwards.  Some examples of word palindromes are eye, racecar, deed, and pop.

Here are two famous sentence palindromes:

Madam, I'm Adam.

A man, a plan, a canal -- Panama.

And here are a few other fun examples that I found online:

Emu love volume.

Evil rats on no star live.

Harass Sarah.

I saw desserts; I'd no lemons, alas, no melon!
Distressed was I.

In words, alas, drown I.

Mr. Owl ate my metal worm.

Yo, banana boy!

Here's one I came up with, though it's very simple and I'm sure that I'm not the first person to think of it:

Tara sees a rat.

I find palindromes difficult -- but interesting -- to write, and always fun to read!  Please share your favorite palindromes, or any that you've written yourself.  I'd love to see them!

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Ziegler taught us one that was "Do geese see God?".

    -Emmalie

    ReplyDelete