Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'd Mark With the Sunshine

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

I'd Mark With the Sunshine

If I were a teacher,
I wouldn't mark in red,
because red reminds me
of blood that
oozes out of cuts,
and fire engines that
rush to fight blazes
so hot you could
die in them,
and STOP signs that
warn you of danger.

If I were a teacher
I'd mark in yellow-
for corn muffins,
mustard on a fat hot dog,
gardens of dandelions,
and sunbeams that
dance on daffodils.

If I were a teacher,
I'd throw out my STOP pen,
and I'd mark with
the sunshine itself!
To give light to an A,
Warmth to a C,
and hope to an F.

~ Kalli Dakos

No comments:

Post a Comment