Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful...

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

I try to keep an attitude of gratitude throughout the year, but in November, at Thanksgiving time, I'm especially aware of the blessings in my life.  Here are a few of the things I'm thankful for this month:
  • The ability to read.  This is something I often take for granted, an ability I've had since I was two (according to my parents), but it is a true gift indeed.
  • Books! 
  • My favorite authors, who have provided me with hours and hours of entertainment and enjoyment over the years. 
  • The fact that my kids love books as much as I do!
  • Story time before bed.  I love sharing books with my boys, reading aloud to them every night.
  • Libraries -- buildings filled with books that I can borrow and read for free!
  • Sunday evenings at the bookstore, where I can sit down with a book and a hot chocolate for an hour and a half, immersing myself in a story.
  • A love of writing.
  • Time to write.
  • Friends and family members who are willing to read what I've written and proofread it.
  • All the people who support me, believe in me, and encourage me to keep following my dreams....

What blessings are you thankful for at this moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment