|Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net|
I try to keep an attitude of gratitude throughout the year, but in November, at Thanksgiving time, I'm especially aware of the blessings in my life. Here are a few of the things I'm thankful for this month:
- The ability to read. This is something I often take for granted, an ability I've had since I was two (according to my parents), but it is a true gift indeed.
- My favorite authors, who have provided me with hours and hours of entertainment and enjoyment over the years.
- The fact that my kids love books as much as I do!
- Story time before bed. I love sharing books with my boys, reading aloud to them every night.
- Libraries -- buildings filled with books that I can borrow and read for free!
- Sunday evenings at the bookstore, where I can sit down with a book and a hot chocolate for an hour and a half, immersing myself in a story.
- A love of writing.
- Time to write.
- Friends and family members who are willing to read what I've written and proofread it.
- All the people who support me, believe in me, and encourage me to keep following my dreams....
What blessings are you thankful for at this moment?