Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Magenta

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Magenta [muh-jen-tuh] is the name for a bright pinkish, purplish color.  (This same color can also be called fuchsia [fyoo-shuh].)  I like the sound of the word.  It reminds me of "majesty", which makes me think of "rich" and "royal", and in my opinion, magenta is a very rich, royal color.

Two different items popped into my mind right away when I thought about the color, and I used them in my sentences below:


One of my favorite treats: 
a jar of cold, tangy, magenta beets!

I paused to watch several ants crawling 
over the magenta petals of a peony.


What comes to your mind when you think about the word magenta?


No comments:

Post a Comment