Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

On Mother's Day

My card from Ben, 2010


On Mother's Day

On Mother's Day we got up first,
so full of plans we almost burst.

We started breakfast right away
as our surprise for Mother's Day.

We picked some flowers, then hurried back
to make the coffee -- rather black.

We wrapped our gifts and wrote a card
and boiled the eggs -- a little hard.

And then we sang a serenade,
which burned the toast, I am afraid.

But Mother said, amidst our cheers,
"Oh, what a big surprise, my dears.
I've not had such a treat in years."
And she was smiling to her ears!

~Aileen Fisher

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  
Hope you are treated to a very special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment