Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Ready

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Ready

I'm ready to be a grade older.
I'm ready to ride the bus.
I'm ready to meet my teacher.
(I hope she's ready for us.)
I'm ready to use these pencils.
I'm ready to make new friends.
I'm a little bit sad
but I'm ready.
Summer always ends.

~ Amy Ludwig VanDerwater

It's that time of year again. I don't know about you, but "back to school" has always been a little bittersweet for me. Like this poem says, I'm sad that summer's ending... but I'm also excited and ready for a new school year. How do you feel about school starting up again?

To read more of Ms. VanDerwater's wonderful poetry, please visit her blog The Poem Farm. It's one of my favorite online spaces!

No comments:

Post a Comment