Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Viridian

Photo courtesy of
PublicDomainPictures.net

I like using specific color words (the ones that go beyond "red" or "yellow") whenever I can. One of those words is viridian [vuh-rid-ee-uh n], the name for a bluish green color, which is more green than blue.

This word always makes me think of scenes like the one in the picture above:

The boat and its crisp white sails 
glided across the viridian waves.

The color also reminds me of something else found in nature:

A brilliant viridian dragonfly rested on the log, 
its wings vibrating and humming in the sunshine.

How would you use the word viridian in a sentence?  What other specific color words can you think of?


No comments:

Post a Comment