Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Autumn Woods

Image courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Autumn Woods

I like the woods
In autumn
When dry leaves hide the ground,
When the trees are bare
And the wind sweeps by
With a lonesome rushing sound.
I can rustle the leaves
In autumn
And I can make a bed
In the thick dry leaves
That have fallen
From the bare trees
Overhead.

~ James S. Tippett

This poem is filled with sensory images.  When I read it, I can picture the forest of bare trees with the bed of leaves beneath them.  I can hear the swish and crunch the leaves make when someone walks through them.  I can feel the wind sweeping past.  What other images come to your mind when you think of the woods in autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment