Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Double, double toil and trouble

Image courtesy of NYPL Digital Gallery

An excerpt:

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake:
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

~ from Macbeth, Act IV, Scene 1,
written by William Shakespeare

I've never actually seen a performance of Macbeth, and I'm not sure that I've ever read the entire play, but I have read through parts of it before, including this scene.  I love Shakespeare's eerie chant-like rhymes....

No comments:

Post a Comment