Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Binturong

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia.org

Have you ever heard of a binturong [bin-too r-awng]? A binturong is an animal, a kind of civet that lives in the trees of South and Southeast Asia and has a long, prehensile tail. My family and I love to watch the binturongs at our zoo, especially my son, Nick. It's Nick's 17th birthday today, and in honor of that, binturong is our word of the week. I wrote a few sentences using the word:

Binturongs are also called bearcats.

Binturongs smell like popcorn. 
(Really, they do!)

The binturong walked across the log 
like an acrobat on a tightrope.

How would you use the word binturong? Are there any unusual animals that you like to watch at the zoo?


No comments:

Post a Comment