Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Monday, January 4, 2016

Frozen now in time...

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

An excerpt:

     It began to snow heavily, falling in drifts. All Ophelia could see were the outlines of walls and the shapes of what might have been low hedges, now white. She shuffled through the snow. There were stone creatures, she noticed, covered in frost. Eagles with outstretched wings and lions reclining on the walls and a white horse rising up on its hind legs as though startled, only frozen now in time. 

~ From Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
written by Karen Foxlee

I read this book last summer, on a very hot day, and day-dreamed about snow. Now I can look out my window and see my very own winter wonderland. No eagles or lions, though. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment