Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Panoply


A few weeks ago, I came across the word panoply in a book I was reading.  I don't remember seeing or hearing the word before, and didn't know what it meant, so I looked it up. According to Dictionary.com, panoply [pan-uh-plee] is a noun meaning "a wide-ranging or impressive array or display".  Here are a few examples I wrote, using my newly-learned word:

I closed my eyes and listened to the symphony's music,
 reveling in the panoply of sounds.

A panoply of lights and colors burst across the sky 
as we celebrated the Fourth of July.

It is an enormous zoo, 
filled with a panoply of interesting animals.

What ways can you think of to use panoply in a sentence?

No comments:

Post a Comment