Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A precious gift...


"Reading should not be presented 
to children as a chore or a duty.  
It should be offered to them 
as a precious gift."

 ~ Kate DiCamillo

I know some kids (and adults) who do view reading as a chore, because it was first presented to them that way.  I wish that I could turn back time (or at least change their minds) and offer it to them as the gift that it is -- a wonderful, amazing, invaluable gift.  I can't think of any other gift I've received in my lifetime that I've used as often or enjoyed as much.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Janelle. I always feel so sad for people who don't enjoy reading, they are missing out on so much!

    ReplyDelete