Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A writer is...

Image courtesy of NYPL Digital Gallery


"A writer is someone for whom 
writing is more difficult 
than it is for other people."

~ Thomas Mann

You might think that writing would be easier for writers than for others -- it's their job, after all, and they've done more of it than most people.  But I can tell you from my own experience, no matter how much I love writing, it is still so hard sometimes!  

At times, I can see a story or poem so clearly in my head, but then when I try to get it down on paper, I can't seem to get the words and images just right.  It's frustrating, and can make me feel like giving up.  It's hard to force myself to keep on writing.  Sometimes I think that if I didn't care quite so much about my writing, it would be a lot easier to do!  

Are there any things that you love to do, even though they are difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment