Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Monday, October 28, 2013

House of Horrors

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

An excerpt:

     "How much money you got?" I asked Cecil. Cecil had thirty cents, too, which made us even. We squandered our first nickels on the House of Horrors, which scared us not at all: we entered the black seventh-grade room and were led around by the temporary ghoul in residence and were made to touch several objects alleged to be component parts of a human being. "Here's his eyes," we were told when we touched two peeled grapes on a saucer.  "Here's his heart," which felt like raw liver. "These are his innards," and our hands were thrust into a plate of cold spaghetti.

~ from To Kill a Mockingbird,
written by Harper Lee

Have you ever been in a "House of Horrors" like this?  I remember doing this at a friend's Halloween party once when I was young, only we were blindfolded.  I wasn't scared by it, but it was still a bit creepy to touch the various items when I couldn't actually see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment