Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Prestidigitator

Image courtesy of Clker.com

Last year when I asked my Facebook friends what their favorite words are, one friend said she'd always liked prestidigitator [pres-ti-dij-i-tey-tohr].  This noun is another word for magician or conjuror.  I don't know about you, but I have a hard time saying it!  It's a fun word, though.  I even heard it used in conversation a few weeks ago, at our local Pumpkinfest.  (Not surprisingly, it was used by a magician  during his show.)  Here are a few sentences that I came up with using this week's word:

The precocious child piped up, 
"I'm going to be a prestidigitator for Halloween!"

The professional prestidigitator performed 
incredible feats of magic for his amazed audience.

How would you use this word?  What are some of your favorite words?


No comments:

Post a Comment