Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Like lines of quiet people...

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

An excerpt:

[...] But real, live authors wrote every one of those books, so the shelves are like lines of quiet people, sitting up straight and polite, waiting to talk to me. Someday I'll have a book of my own.  Someday my book will talk.

~ from Sahara Special,
written by Esme Raji Codell

I just read Sahara Special this last weekend, and it is one of my new favorite books.  One of the things I enjoyed about it (there were many!) is how much the main character, Sahara, loves books, the library, and writing.  I definitely felt a connection with her!  I, too, hope that someday my book will talk....

No comments:

Post a Comment