Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Monday, June 10, 2013

A Happy Birthday

Image courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

An excerpt:

     "You ought to write 'A Happy Birthday' on it."

     "That was what I wanted to ask you," said Pooh.  "Because my spelling is Wobbly.  It's good spelling but it Wobbles and the letters get in the wrong places.  Would you write 'A Happy Birthday' on it for me?"

[...]

     So Owl wrote... and this is what he wrote:

HIPY PAPY BTHUTHDTH THUTHDA BTHUTHDY.

     Pooh looked on admiringly.

     "I'm just saying 'A Happy Birthday,'" said Owl carelessly.

     "It's a nice long one," said Pooh, very much impressed by it.

     "Well, actually, of course, I'm saying 'A Very Happy Birthday with love from Pooh.'  Naturally it takes a good deal of pencil to say a long thing like that."

     "Oh, I see," said Pooh.

~ from Winnie-the-Pooh,
written by A. A. Milne

It's birthday week at our house -- my husband's birthday tomorrow and mine on Thursday.  (And then Blue Sky, Big Dreams's next Monday!)  In honor of all these birthdays, I thought I'd share this passage from Pooh.  It always makes me smile -- hope it will do the same for you! :)

(Psst... if you haven't heard about the "Blue..." is Two! Birthday Contest yet, you can find all the details here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment