Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Collect words!

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

"In your poems, 
talk about what you know.  
Talk about what you think.  
Talk about what you feel.  
Talk about what you wonder.

COLLECT WORDS!

Buy your own dictionary.  
Read your dictionary every day.  
CIRCLE exciting words.  
The more words you know, 
the better 
you will be able to express yourself, 
your thoughts." 

~ Gwendolyn Brooks, 
in The Place My Words are Looking For


Great advice from a great poet!  I still have the notebook I started in 8th grade or so, that I used to collect words. These days, when I come across new words I want to remember, I usually don't write them down in my book.  I do put them into a list on the computer, however. :)

How about you? Do you collect words?

(Psst... if you haven't heard about the "Blue..." is Two! Birthday Contest yet, you can find all the details here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment