Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cerulean

Photo courtesy of
PublicDomainPictures.net

I love the word cerulean [suh-roo-lee-uh n] for two reasons: the way it sounds, cool and peaceful, and also its meaning.  Cerulean is an adjective that means "deep blue; sky blue; azure".  Blue (any shade, really, but especially a deep sky blue) just happens to be my very favorite color. :) Here are some examples of the word in a sentence:

Digging her toes in the sand, 
she gazed out at the cerulean sea.

I painted my bedroom cerulean, 
a serene color to remind me of sunny, summer days.

The child's kite resembled a big, colorful bird 
against the cerulean sky.

How would you use the word cerulean?  What else can you think of that can be described that way?

(Psst... if you haven't heard about the "Blue..." is Two! Birthday Contest yet, you can find all the details here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment