Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Brabble


While browsing through Dictionary.com recently, I came across the word brabble [brab-uh l].  I was unfamiliar with the word, so I looked it up.  After reading the definition, I decided that it was an appropriate word for summer vacation when the kids are home together all day long!  (To be fair, my three kids usually get along pretty well together. There are days, though....)

Brabble can be used as a verb meaning "to argue stubbornly about trifles; wrangle" or as a noun meaning "noisy, quarrelsome chatter".  Here are some sample sentences I came up with:

"If you're going to brabble with each other all day long, 
I'm going to make you go to separate rooms... 
and STAY there!"

Their incessant brabble grated on my nerves 
and gave me a pounding headache.

You never brabble, do you?  I know I never do. ;)  What ways can you think of to use brabble in a sentence?

(Psst... if you haven't heard about the "Blue..." is Two! Birthday Contest yet, you can find all the details here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment