Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The stories her father told her...

Image courtesy of NYPL Digital Gallery

An excerpt:

     What kept Minli from becoming dull and brown like the rest of the village were the stories her father told her every night at dinner.  She glowed with such wonder and excitement that even Ma would smile, though she would shake her head at the same time.  Ba seemed to drop his gray and work weariness -- his black eyes sparkled like raindrops in the sun when he began a story.

~ from Where the Mountain Meets the Moon,
written by Grace Lin

I've been out of town for a few days, spending time with my parents, sister, and other family, and I didn't get a chance to post anything new while I was gone.  I'd like to wish a belated Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!  I decided to post this excerpt (from a book I read on my trip) because it reminds me of my own dad who used to always tell me stories at bedtime.  His eyes would sparkle just like Ba's, and I'm sure that I glowed like Minli as I listened. :)

(Psst... if you haven't heard about the "Blue..." is Two! Birthday Contest yet, you can find all the details here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment