Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Monday, January 7, 2013

A snowman for a friend...

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

An excerpt:

     If you have never had a snowman for a friend, you can scarcely imagine all the fun those children had.

     For Frosty took them coasting -- and never had their sleds slid so swiftly and so far.

     Frosty helped them build a snow house -- and never had blocks packed so firmly and well.

     They all went ice skating -- and the magical part was that while they were with Frosty, the children could stay out and play in the snow and never get shivery cold.

     Was it Frosty's warm heart, or his magical smile?  Whatever it was, they thought it was fine.

~ from Frosty the Snow Man,
written by Annie North Bedford

This was one of my favorite picture books when I was a little girl.  I always wished I had a friend like Frosty who could take me sledding and skating, and keep me from getting shivery cold. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment