Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mesmerize


This week's word is mesmerize [mez-muh-rahyz], a verb that means "to hypnotize; spellbind or fascinate".  It's a fun word to say, with all those "m" and "z" sounds, and I like its meaning, as well.  Here are a few sentences I came up with, using the word and various forms of it:

My favorite authors 
mesmerize me with their words.

When she finally got her first glimpse 
of Niagara Falls, her jaw dropped.  
She stood staring at it, 
mesmerized by the power 
and the majesty of that endless water.

This music is mesmerizing; 
I keep listening to it over and over again.

How would you use the word mesmerize?  What words do you like to say or hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment