Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Abracadabra

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Abracadabra

Abracadabra
  The zebra is black
Abracadabra
  The zebra is white
Abracadabra
  The zebra is dark
Abracadabra
  The zebra is light

  Is it black striped with white?
  Is it white striped with black?
  Is it striped from the front?
  Is it striped from the back?

Abracadabra
  It's ink over snow
Abracadabra
  It's snow over ink
Abracadabra
  Does anyone know?
Abracadabra
  What do you think?

~ Mary Ann Hoberman

I'm headed to the zoo today for a field trip with my son Ben and his class.  I thought this would be an appropriate poem for the occasion. :)  I like all the questions Hoberman asks. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment