Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Zephyr


The word for this week is zephyr [zef-er], a noun meaning "a gentle, mild breeze".  I like the way this word sounds -- and also the way it looks.  (Is that strange?)  I think of it as a "springy" word and since we've been having some spring weather recently (finally), I thought it would be a good word to share.

Here are a few example sentences:

A spring zephyr blew through the meadow, 
rippling the tall grasses in gentle waves.

Digging in the garden, I appreciated the balance 
between the warmth of the sun on my head 
and the hint of a zephyr that cooled me.

How would you use the word zephyr?  Are there any words that you like because of their sound or look?  I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment