Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Drizzle

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

I don't know about you, but we've been having kind of a wet week around here.  Our weather prompted the word for this week: drizzle [driz-uh l], a noun meaning "a very light rain".  It can also be used as a verb meaning "to rain gently; sprinkle" and "to pour in a fine stream".

I love the sound of the word.  Drizzle.  Drizzzzzzle.  What a fun word to say!  I also love its rhyming companions, fizzle and sizzle. :)  Here are a few sentences I came up with, using the word of the week:

While I'd much rather have sunshine, 
I do prefer drizzle to a downpour.

The weather forecast says 
it's going to drizzle all week long.

I love to drizzle honey on my peanut butter toast!

How would you use the word drizzle?  What are some words that you find fun to say or hear?


No comments:

Post a Comment