Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Song to Mothers

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Song to Mothers

Your laugh is a green song,
canción verde,
that branches
through our house,
its yellow blooms smelling
like warm honey.
Your laugh peels apples
and stirs their cinnamon bubblings,
then opens a book and pulls me
onto your lap.
At night, your laugh kisses
us soft as a petal, smooths my pillow
and covers me, a soft leafy blanket,
green and yellow.
I snuggle into your laugh,
your canción verde
and dream of growing
into my own green song.

~ Pat Mora

I found this poem the other day in the book Love to Mama: A Tribute to Mothers, edited by Pat Mora. Every time I read it, I smile. :)

Happy Mother's Day to all of my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment