Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thank You

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

An excerpt:

     [...] My husband, John, leads the prayer, beginning with the words "O Lord, bless this food and the hands that prepared it." Since those hands are most often mine, I like that, but I know that it is not just my hands that brought this food to the table. There are the farmers, like my friends the Paquins; the grocer, like my friend Jim Taylor; and many more whose names and contributions I'll never know -- not to mention the sun, the rain, the good earth, and the plants and animals whose lives nourish my life.

     If I think of everything and everyone who helped bring a meal to my table, I am overwhelmed with gratitude. But that is good. Mister Eckhart, who died almost seven hundred years ago, said, "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is 'thank you', it will be enough."

~ from Giving Thanks: 
Poems, Prayers, and 
Praise Songs of Thanksgiving,
edited and with reflections by Katherine Paterson

Today I am thankful for so many things: my family, my friends, my home, the food on my table, good books, time to write... the list goes on and on. I am also thankful for the opportunity to write this blog and for you, my readers. I hope that your own lists of blessings are as long as mine and I am wishing you all a wonderful, happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment