Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Voices in the reader's head...

Image courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

"Writing isn't just on the page; 
it's voices in the reader's head. 
Read what you write 
out loud to someone -- anyone -- 
and you will catch all kinds of things."  

~ Donna Jo Napoli

I agree with Napoli. Whenever I write something, I always go back later and read it aloud -- to myself, to our cockatiel, to my kids. I always learn more about my writing and discover more quickly what needs to be rewritten when I do this than I do when I read it silently to myself. Have you tried reading your work out loud? If so, did it help you with your writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment