Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

A thousand thoughts...

Image courtesy of NYPL Digital Gallery

"There are a thousand thoughts 
lying within a man 
that he does not know 
till he takes up a pen to write."    

~ William Makepeace Thackeray

Isn't that the truth?  There have been so many times that I've sat myself down to write and then the  thoughts and ideas start pouring out, much faster than I can write or even type.  (Of course, then there are those days when I really want to write something, but I'm stuck staring at a blank piece of paper!  I much prefer the first scenario.)  Our brains are amazing machines, filled with stories to tell -- sometimes stories that we don't even know about until we start writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment