Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The stories of childhood...

Photo courtesy of NYPL Digital Gallery
"The stories of childhood 
leave an indelible impression, 
and their author 
always has a niche 
in the temple of memory 
from which the image
 is never cast out 
to be thrown on the rubbish heap 
of things that are outgrown and outlived." 

 ~ Howard Pyle

This quote is so true!  I've outgrown many things from my childhood, but never the stories. I still love all of the books that I loved back then.  They are a part of me, and have helped shape me into the person I've become.  One of my fondest hopes is that some day I will write a story that children will read and love and remember, even once they are grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment